Supplements in Roswell, GA
Dietary supplements are intended to add or supplement one’s diet. Typically supplements are used to help replace vitamins or minerals that are lacking in a diet or where someone has a deficiency.
Common supplements include:
- Vitamins – Such as multivitamins or individual vitamins like Vitamin D or Biotin
- Minerals – Such as calcium, magnesium, and iron
- Botanicals or Herbs – Such as echinacea and ginger
- Botanical Compounds – Such as caffeine and curcumin
- Amino Acids – Such as tryptophan and glutamine
- Live Microbials – Commonly referred to as “probiotics”
Supplements can help you improve or maintain your overall health. Meeting the daily requirements of essential nutrients is important; taking supplements can help you achieve this goal every day. However, some supplements may have some adverse effects and contain ingredients that can have strong effects on the body. It is important to speak with your doctor when considering supplements and review the benefits and risks.
Scientifically Proven Supplements
One of the biggest concerns in the supplement market is that the FDA does not have the authority to approve dietary supplements for safety and effectiveness. This is when scientific results come into play. However, a lot of marketing ploys for many supplements suggest that they are researched, but this does not mean they are proven to help. A small list of scientifically-backed supplements is below:
- Whey protein
- Omega 3
- Vitamin D