Botox Cosmetic in Roswell GA
What is Botox?
If you’ve noticed more fine lines, wrinkles or crows feet in the mirror lately, it might be time to consider Botox Cosmetic.
Botox Cosmetic is an FDA-approved, non-surgical facial rejuvenation procedure that is used by millions of women and men around the world to reduce the signs of aging and restore a relaxed, youthful appearance.
It works by relaxing the muscles that create facial wrinkles such as worry lines, laugh lines, forehead lines, crow’s feet, wrinkles around your mouth, and more. It’s especially good at smoothing away the set of vertical lines that can develop between your eyebrows (sometimes called your “11s”).
Best of all, treatments are so fast and easy they only take minutes to perform — you can get Botox on your lunch break!
Read on to learn more, or request your free, no-obligation consultation with one of our facial rejuvenation experts now.
How does Botox Remove Wrinkles?
Did you know that your face has 43 different muscles?
Some of those muscles contract every time you smile, laugh, frown or make other expressions. Our skin becomes less elastic as we age, and a lifetime of repeated muscle contractions eventually leads to fine lines, crow’s feet, and other undesirable wrinkles.
Botox reduces the appearance of these wrinkles by relaxing the muscles that create them.
The Botox agent is a natural protein derived from the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria. The protein is purified in a lab and then injected directly into the target muscles in safe, low doses, where it temporarily blocks the nerve activity that causes them to contract.
The result? Your skin will look and feel smoother, with fewer fine lines and wrinkles.
Because the injections use highly precise targeting and dosages, only the muscles which cause wrinkles will be forced to relax.
You’ll still be able to smile, frown, and express yourself just as you always have.
And we think you’ll be smiling even more after you try Botox!
Is Botox Effective?
With over 5 million procedures performed in the United States alone each year, Botox is the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment in the world — and with good reason!
We think the results speak for themselves:
How long does Botox last?
The beneficial effects from treatment typically last about 3-6 months.
Touch-ups are common around special occasions such as birthdays, the holidays, or important social events.
Is Botox Safe?
When properly administered by a trained medical professional, Botox is extremely safe.
Complications are almost always due to inexperienced or unskilled injectors, not the medicine itself.
As with any injection, some people may experience minor redness or tenderness at the injection site for a few days after treatment — but most patients experience no discomfort at all. For those that do experience pain or swelling after their injections, ibuprofen or light icing of the affected area usually resolves any discomfort.
Most people are pleasantly surprised with how fast and easy the procedure can be.
Uses for Botox
While Botox is best known for removing fine lines and wrinkles on the face (especially on the forehead, in between the eyebrows and around the eyes) it is increasingly used to treat many other medical conditions as well.
Here are some of the most common traditional — and cutting-edge — applications:
- Reduce forehead wrinkles
- Reduce wrinkles between the brows
- Soften smile lines next to the eyes
- Brow lift
- Brow balance
- Soften wrinkles around the mouth
- Tighten skin around corners of the mouth
- Relax neck bands
- Improve jawline definition
- Reduce “pebbly” or dimpled chin
- Tighten skin under the eyes
- Tighten skin in the neck
- Decrease frequency and severity of migraine or tension headaches
- Overactive Bladder
- Relax neck spasms
- Control excessive sweating in underarms, palms, feet, or face
- Reduce muscle spasticity and stiffness, especially in elbow, wrist, or fingers
- Correct abnormal head position and neck pain due to cervical dystonia (CD)
- Treat certain types of eye muscle issues
- Reduce pain and discomfort of teeth grinding and TMJ
- Manage acne by reducing skin oil production
Have you considered what Botox could do for you?
More Botox Results
Additional Benefits of Botox
While a desire for younger-looking skin is the main reason most people seek out facial rejuvenation in the first place, the treatment has many other benefits:
- Fast: You can get your injections in as little as 15 minutes.
- No anesthesia: Botox treatments are delivered with tiny needles, and most patients experience minimal discomfort or no discomfort at all.
- No downtime: Because anesthesia is not required, patients have no recovery time and no downtime. You can go right back to work or resume your other activities right away.
- Fast results: Most patients see improvements within 1-3 days. Expect to receive compliments quickly!
- Customizable treatment: Your treatment plan can be tailored to your specific cosmetic goals. Results ranging from subtle to dramatic are available to you depending on your goals and treatment plan.
- Reversible: The beneficial effects from your Botox treatment will last approximately 3-6 months. At that time, you can continue with follow-up treatments to maintain your desired results, or you can stop treatment with no side-effects and no drawbacks.
What to expect with your Botox Cosmetic Treatment at Ageless Remedies of Roswell
We aim to provide the best Botox experience in Roswell, GA and the greater Atlanta area.
When you come to Ageless Remedies, we will partner with you to understand your cosmetic and wellness goals and work with you to develop the best plan for achieving them.
Dr. Meredith Lassiter and our team of trained facial rejuvenation experts will listen to your concerns and will deliver your treatment in a comfortable, friendly environment.
After your treatment, you can expect subtle, natural facial relaxation with minimal (if any) discomfort. You should start to see results — and receive new compliments! — within 3-5 days after your treatment.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to answer your questions or make your experience the best it can be.