Customer Service Team Members serve as primary telephone persons, directing all calls to the appropriate person.
Acts as host/hostess, warmly greeting patients and notifying the appropriate staff members of their arrival. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient’s needs and requirements. Demonstrates superior telephone and interpersonal skills. Must present professional decorum at all times.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years experience in physician practice.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Able to demonstrate concern for patient’s problems.
- Cares for patients as one would wish to be treated.
- Conveys enthusiasm.
- Ability to empathize with geriatric and disabled people.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Basic Computer skills required
Telephone and Greeting
- Answers telephone calls promptly.
- Triages all calls to appropriate personnel.
- Welcome patients.
- Make appointments on an as-able basis.
- Makes certain that patient records are available and charge sheets are attached.
- Registers all patients and checks insurance information.
- Helps with filing as requested by supervisor.
- Backs up check-out and other staff members as needed.