Aestheticians are responsible for the delivery of elective skin care services for patients, and working under the supervision of the physicians.
Other responsibilities include patient education on treatment plans and medication. Ensures the patient is satisfied with elective skin care services and products recommended and continues to return to receive skin care treatment.
- Physician Assistant
Education and Experience
- High school diploma; college degree preferred.
- Two-years experience in a medical office working as an aesthetician.
Essential Skills and Abilities
- Possesses wide-ranging knowledge of skin care treatment, elective services and products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Treats patients and co-workers with respect.
- Empathetic with patient’s needs and concerns.
- Provides patients with complimentary consultations regarding skincare services.
- Provides patients with instructions and educational materials that relate to their unique skin type and recommend adjustments to their skincare regiment as appropriate.
- Determines patient skin care goals and objectives, and recommends products and services that can reasonably facilitate attainment of those goals.
- Seeks advice and supervision of physician as required on treatment protocols and notifies the physician of any patient noncompliance.
- Responsible for the coordination of any correspondence to patients regarding their skin care treatment plan, product usage, or home care instructions.
- Maintains patient medical records detailing all treatment procedures, elective products, medication history, and educational materials received.